- Biodegradability: Biodegrades in the natural environment; tested using ISO 14851 for freshwater biodegradation; 87% biodegradation achieved in 28 days. Only 3% off meeting the performance criteria required for certification. As we remove the last of the plastic, biodegradability performance will increase allowing us to achieve our certification goal.
- Plastic Content: 8%
- Environmental Safety (Ecotoxicity): Ecotoxicity and heavy metals test results for Bioglitter® Sparkle meet the Environmental safety and Chemical characteristics requirements for OK biodegradable WATER certification.
- Ethically and Sustainably Sourced Raw Materials: Special cellulose core derived from hardwoods, primarily eucalyptus, sustainably sourced from responsibly managed and certified plantations operating to PEFC™ www.pefc.org standards.
Compliant with EN71 Toy Safety Regulations:
- EN71-1 2014 Safety of Toys. Specification for Mechanical and physical properties
- EN71-2 2011 + A1:2014 Safety of Toys. Flammability
- EN71-3 2013 + A1:2014 Safety of Toys. Migration of Certain Elements
- EN71-9 Safety of Toys. Primary Aromatic Amines.