DECO BIOGLITTER® SPARKLE
Compliant with EN71 Toy Safety Regulations:
- EN71-1 2014 Safety of Toys. Specification for Mechanical and physical properties
- EN71-2 2011 + A1:2014 Safety of Toys. Flammability
- EN71-3 2013 + A1:2014 Safety of Toys. Migration of Certain Elements
- EN71-9 Safety of Toys. Primary Aromatic Amines
Based on testing conducted on Deco Bioglitter® we fully expect to meet the requirements of OEKO-TEX.
- Sustainability: Special cellulose core derived from hardwoods, primarily eucalyptus, sustainably sourced from responsibly managed and certified plantations operating to PEFC™ www.pefc.org standards.
- Biodegradability: Bioglitter® Sparkle has been independently tested by OWS to ISO 14851 – Fresh Water Biodegradability and proven to biodegrade in fresh water, e.g. river and lake water. Test results show that the vast majority of the biodegradable content in Bioglitter® Sparkle products biodegraded in just 28 days and therefore confirms that it biodegrades in challenging natural environments, like rivers and lakes. This proves that the coatings applied during manufacture do not impair the known ability of its unique cellulose core to biodegrade in the natural environment, see details below.
Currently the maximum biodegrade content of Bioglitter Sparkle at the minimum limit needed to achieve OK biodegradable WATER certification. However, as plastic content is further reduced and the biodegradable content increases on the Cosmetic Bioglitter® Sparkle development journey, we fully expect to achieve OK biodegradable WATER certification criteria.Modified Regenerated Cellulose Glitter Core Film is: Industrial Composting EN13432, EN14995, ASTM D6400 & ISO 17088 Certified. Anaerobic Digestion ISO 15985 Approved. Home Compostability OK Compost Home, Certified. Soil and Waste Water Biodegradation ISO 15985 Approved. Fresh Water Biodegradation ISO 14851 Approved. Marine Biodegradation ASTM D6601-09 Approved.
- Ecotoxicity: Ecotoxicity and heavy metals test results for Bioglitter® Sparkle meet the Environmental safety and Chemical characteristics requirements for OK biodegradable WATER certification
- Plastic Free Content: 92%
- Biodegradable Content: 90%